The advent of internet has made it possible to reach a larger audience without major expenditure. E-commerce has evolved and digitalised the whole trading process. It has significantly reduced the amount of resources spent on maintaining a business by eradicating a need of physical shop, use of minimal physical resources, ease of access and global reach.
Many small businesses have flourished since then. Most of the businesses create or launch their websites to start trading in the huge world of internet. It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance combined with marketing skills to succeed.
There are many features that should be applied to achieve prominence in the website world.
Top 5 features for a small business website are listed below:
Good Domain name:
- Factors that make a good domain name are:
- It should relevant to the nature of the business.
- Should be short and comprehensible
- Should be catchy so that it remains in the memory of the user.
Every business should possess an individual logo. It works as a representation of the business, the ideal logo should incorporate and showcase the company’s ideologies, and also create a sense of identification of the products or services offered.
Social Media Integration:
- Social media plays key role of marketing in E-commerce.
- Marketing or promotion through conventional ways are expensive.
- Small businesses may not be able to afford them; this is where social media takes prominence.
- Social networks are very popular and offers huge diaspora of probable customers.
- Social media can also be used to single out the target audience.
- Realising its potential major social network giants have launched advertisement packages that charge a nominal fee for marketing your business.
- Small businesses can still promote their businesses without subscribing to the social networks.
Hence it is very necessary to integrate various social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, etc, in the website in the form of buttons prominently displayed.
Content and Design optimisation:
- The content of the website should be crisp, precise and easy to understand.
- The navigation should be clear and easy within the website.
- The design of the website should be simple and should be a balanced mix of content, images and videos.
- The content should be more user oriented and then Search engine optimised.
Prominent Contact Information:
- For an emerging business website display of the Contact form or number should be very important.
- On every page of the website contact number for assistance should be displayed to help the user in navigating the site.
- A chat assistance window also makes it easier for instant help in queries of the user.
- The Contact page of the website should list all the details such as phone numbers, fax number, addresses of the office or offices and important emailids.
- Prompt and pleasant assistance improves the overall experience of the user and also creates a sense of trust with the business.